Tuesday 15 March 2016

Task 9: Abseil down a vertical face - heads up.....

I'm not good with heights. It's that 'going over the edge' moment. From time to time I have dreams - no, delete that, I mean nightmares - of finding myself balancing precariously on a tiny platform with a huge drop below (a Jungian analyst would have a field day). I'm always very relieved to wake up.  But if you've been reading my blog for a few months,you'll probably have realised that one important aspect to my sixtyat60 challenge is facing fears. Hence the inclusion of Task 9.

And now there's no escaping it - this coming Sunday, 20th March, at 2.30pm, I'm going to have an 'Abseiling Experience' (thank you Lucy for giving me such a memorable Christmas present!), accompanied by my amazing and very brave friend Jenny. Yes, there we'll be, two sixty somethings, dangling from ropes on an abseil tower near East Grinstead. I can't believe I'm even writing that, let alone actually doing it.

But what Jenny and I keep reminding ourselves is that we're going over the edge in memory of a very special little girl, Thea Redford, to raise funds for a wonderful cause - Shooting Star Chase Children's Hospice Care. If you'd like to read more about Shooting Star Chase and/or would like to make a donation, do please visit my JustGiving page at https://www.justgiving.com/sixtyat60challenge/   









No comments:

Post a Comment