Tuesday 9 June 2015

The task that got away....

When I started putting my list of 60 tasks together, I initially included ‘Have a letter published in The Times’. However I’ve twice before (way back when, it has to be said) submitted letters to The Times Editor on some random topic or other and neither letter ever saw the light of day in the column. So having decided that my chance of success was zero, I ditched that idea in favour of having a request read out on Graham Norton’s radio show (see Task 47).

Anyway, yesterday I spotted an uncorrected typo in a small article at the bottom of Page 17 in The Times that made me smile. I threw together a couple of sentences (it took me about 5 minutes) and submitted it to the Letters page. I didn’t think anything more of it until this morning when I got to the letters page and guess what………. 



Gratifying I'll grant you, but also a little frustrating!  Graham Norton – I am now in your hands. If anyone knows how I can improve my chances of getting a request read out on his show, then I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment